Wow, awesome to receive these two nominations, it’s taken me a while to find the time to respond (lots of exciting things coming at the end of the month). I am including them both in this post. It’s quite time-consuming doing an awards post, so this may be the last time I do one, but I’m always appreciative and honoured to receive them.
I’m really grateful to Adrian Lupsa for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger award, he’s an exceptionally versatile blogger himself! Also huge thanks to Sandra from Quirky Books for nominating me for the Best Moments Awards. Both Adrian and Sandra write amazing blogs, well worth following. Thanks guys.
The rules? Rules!
As well as nominate other bloggers (see below), for the Versatile Blogger award I have to share 7 things about myself. So here goes:
1. My mind has just gone blank. Doh! OK, I love cake. I have to limit it though as I have a bit of a gluten or wheat intolerance.
2. Part of me really wants to leave behind society and go live in a forest somewhere like a hermit. There I said it.
3. I have a huge addiction to music, but I’m very picky about the music I like. My two favourites are Cocteau Twins (I could listen to Elizabeth Fraser’s voice all day long, she’s my favourite singer) and Sigur Rós, who I was lucky enough to see in March (best live act I’ve ever seen in my life!).
4. I meditate every day and have done since I was a teenager. I don’t know how I’d have survived without it. It keeps me sane, balanced and happy.
5. I am going to California in the autumn. Sorry, Fall.
6. I hardly ever watch TV, maybe like once a week.
7. I love heat and warmth and hate the cold. I was born in the wrong country (Scotland!).
Awarding the people who live in the moment,
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered –
Savoring the experience of quality time.
Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded.
Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them the great news.
- What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way
- Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling
- Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
For the Best Moment Award I have to write an acceptance speech!
Ohh…I’ll keep this short and simple, like all the best speeches. I’m really grateful to anyone and everyone who has taken the time to read this blog and feel really honoured to be given awards such as these. The whole purpose of this blog is simply to share the things I’ve learned in life that have helped me — they’re the kind of things that should be common knowledge, because they have the power to inspire, heal and awaken. We’re all in this (life!) together, so the willingness to share our experience, our learning and wisdom is, I believe, one of the greatest gifts we can give. That’s why I love blogging. It’s been a highly rewarding adventure.
I love the term ‘Best Moment’: I believe every moment is our best moment…every moment IS the totality of life; everything that ever was, is, and shall be is here, right now — if not in manifestation, then in potentiality. That’s why I love zen. It’s all about dropping everything, silencing the redundant background noise of the mind and sinking into the perfection of THIS…HERE…NOW. This is the best moment, the only moment.
Here are my nominees (more than 15, oops — and in completely random order), for both the Versatile Blogger and Best Moments Award. Some of you guys may have already received one or both, so feel free to ignore. I’ve fallen rather behind with my blog reading lately and must catch up, this is my way of saying I love you guys, keep doin what you’re doin.🙂
* Lada Ray